Monday 18 May 2009

Candidate Comment: Yeashir Ahmed

Yeashir Ahmed stood as candidate for the role of President, for which he was ultimately successful. Here he shares his thoughts on the elections.

My election Champaign had a very slow start. I did not have enough supports, and many of my friends told me not to go for it as I was not very much known by the vast majority of the students at our university. But it grew strength from the support of many young students as I run in every campus and personally talk to each and every student about the benefit of Student union and their role to create an effective student union that benefit all of us. During the Champaign I have spent hours after hours sitting with student at MET CafĂ©’s. Many students complained about the inactive role of past student Union with great angers and denied to vote for the Student Union. It was very difficult to deal with upset and angry students. But the experiences that I have gained while dealing with such situation are extensive and will help to design and create a faire and effective student union where all of us will stand together to revive the true nature of a union. I will always be honest about the challenges we face. I will listen to each and every student and with the best of my ability try to solve their problem in an effective that can create a very positive and harmonious relationship among us all.

Finally I congratulate all other elected METSU officers, and also look forward to working with them to renew this Union promise in the months ahead. Thank you. God bless you.

Yeashir Ahmed

METSU President (elect)


No comments:

Post a Comment